Thread: Tilt
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Another Thursday has arrived. I made bread quota early so I had a few days to relax. I am even ahead for the following week. All a part of my plan for doctor appointments next week. But first, this week is part of what I love Thursdays.

Fall Planting: Although the temperature outside is still mega hot, the season change is in the air. The long days of Summer are gone. I am constantly surprised by how early the sun is setting. I know that the cool early mornings and mild evenings are also coming soon. We headed to our favorite nursery to purchase plants for a hedge. Japanese privets. Nice, evergreen and will grow tall, just what we want. I love wandering (in my portable wheelchair) among all the various species of greenery. I am looking forward to creating a garden oasis on my patio. I have managed to keep a few plants alive for months now! When I was in college, we all had little apartments around campus. Everyone grew beautiful plants, creeping charlies; wandering jews; colius; philodendron. It all felt very organic.

Five fifteen gallon plants went into the ground. DH measured them by having me stand behind them. The tallest is as high as the bridge of my nose. They will fill in nicely with a little care. It will be great when the fledgling plants grow in together and provide a nice green wall.

I have a “Wish List” of things around the house that I would love to do when money permits. As the house ages (along with me aging), the list is always changing and priorities change as well. The plant hedge was one of the things to do. Makes it a good Thursday.

Random Things I Love in the food section: Cherry Jello, Raisin Bran Crunch, nectarines, edamames, bananas, avocados, frozen yogurt, chocolate, Cheesecake Activia, 1/2 cup coffee with the morning newspaper, raw green beans, Portobello mushrooms, peanut butter, fresh apples, nonfat milk. So much more. Those just came to mind immediately.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (09-16-2010), tkrik (09-16-2010), TRESA (10-28-2010)