View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 03:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vini View Post
hello sorry you are going through this
I know exactly how you feel, I have said before, that alpha personalty's suffer a great deal with loss of function,

But to people around them , seems insignificant, (((to them maybe)))

at my head injury group , I was saying to one of the staff how upset, I was feeling, that I could not help my youngest prepare for the 11+ tests. it feels like a kick in the guts

the reply from this person, was well I could not help my kids ether , this lack of understanding vexes me so much, I intend to leave, the group, there only motivation, is to get people back to work, as what I wonder, ?

I think some and I stress some, who work with head injured, are in the job just to boost there own ego,s and finances, as they under achieved, and think we should, settle for there limitations

well if they, never had it in the first place, how could they miss it, ? huh

sorry to rant but I am way PO ed at the moment and totally understand when you say

(I can't do anything I used to do and I just about cope with work by working at a lower (non-executive) job with supportive colleagues and writing everything down.)

unfortunately the world is not populated by, supportive colleagues and being force to work at a menial level and in constant head pain, and confusion would kill me

is not right ? the politics of the UK has taken a nasty step, of late with, in its scape goating of the disabled

you need time to adapt !! on all levels

please see link (I had to remove because of forum posting limited!)
I did more damage going back to work and then you get dumpt when deficits become apparent and starts to costs money

keep posting and rant and moan all you want

because we understand welcome
Hi vini, thank you for empathising, and for the link - very interesting. I'm sorry to hear that your experience has been negative, and understand your frustration. I feel like saying to my neurologist "yes and I'm sure you would be as blase if you had lost your wits and had to stop being a consultant - you'd be hunky-dory with pushing the tea trolley?"

I can't comment on the motives of support workers, I haven't been involved with any, but I guess for some it is just a job (I used to work, a long time ago, in mental health services and how anyone can plod through a care job without being passionate about it is beyond me. I totally identify with your comment about feeling upset at not being able to help your child prepare for tests - I feel so guilty at letting my children down all the time (my perception, not theirs).
mybrainhurts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote