View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I'd post this also on the Men's forum.

But one thing that strikes me is that you may have soap residue in your wash... and it is irritating the sensitive area you describe.

Tide makes a new sensitive soap now:
http://www.tide.com/en-US/product/tide-free.jspx

Also fabric softeners can be irritating too.

Just do a second rinse on a load of your underwear, and see
how much soap comes out the second time! For this reason we double rinse all our clothes now! Soap is very alkaline and our skin is acidic. Elevated pH to alkaline then becomes very painful.

I'd make sure ALL environmental things are excluded before going further medically. Even the soap you shower with.
You know women get irritated by soap in showers too... and don't realize that shampoos end up down there, and conditioners (and often are not rinsed off enough). (conditioners are surfactants and defat the skin making it very vulnerable to the environment).

If you can find some A and D cream, you might try using that on the tip carefully. It is typically in the baby section of stores. It is very healing and often helps personal discomforts and might work for you.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote