View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 01:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Cindi,
I was sad as I read your posting about dancing as I was "Born to Dance" and wanted to take ballet/tap again (as wll as kickboxing too) right before this happened so I know your pain. I was always the first one out on the dance floor and could keep up with all the newer dances (I never liked line dances as they were not creative enough for me haha). About a year 1/2 after getting this mess I had to attend my oldest nephew's wedding. It was one of the hardest things I had to do since I had to sit there in my wheelchair in agony the whole time (both physically and mentally) watching everyone I know get up and dance and drink and have a great time. I just sat there and pretended to have fun but inside I wanted to scream and cry. I used to love going out esp to weddings where I could dance but now I don't even want to drive by the building with others (as I can't drive with this mess). It really is upsetting as you well know and I had to donate all my old heels and other shoes I can't wear any more. It was tough and I felt like crying for days but I did it and I know the place I donated to will be happy for them. I was thinking...maybe you could just lean up against a wall and carefully put on those spikes and get someone to take a pic of you in them so you can look at it every time you feel like to show yourself you can do it but just much more carefully this time;.) You can even email it here to show us we can do things too but really much more carefully. At this point, I would be happy with slow dancing (but I need a strong man to hold on to haha)! Hang in there and keep your chin up.

Oh, about Paula Abdul...she has had RSD in the back of her neck for probably 20 years now. It was caused from a cheerleading accident. I know over the years she was addicted to pain pills and hits the bottle a bit at times too so it goes to show that what people see on the outside only for a few minutes is not what is going on in the inside for sure!!! I still have the old People magazine where she explains all she has to go through in order to just go out of her house. And I am sure her house is much more expensive than our house is so she has to work to make some kind of money to support her lifestyle (as we all must)...although I don't have a lifestyle anymore haha. I just know she has suffered for many many years from RSD. As someone already said...we have to go through so much before and after we actually even do one thing but at least we don't give up on some things we love to do like watch our kids play sports. Good luck and hang in there.
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote