View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 01:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joca2002 View Post
Thanks for the great info. I will check into the Vitamin B thing. I was surprised to find out that you could still be regenerating nerves 3 years down the road from chemo. I thought it pretty much stopped after a year or so
That is encouraging!
What types of things does a neurologist do for you besides meds? Do they have any other types of treatment
What about ACCUPUNCTURE? Anyone got any experience with that?
John
The only one thing that will benefit out of accupunture for small nerve Neuropathy is the accupunturist bank account, accupunture can be fantastic for other problems but no not small fibre neuropathy, unfortunatly.

Seeing you know the cause, its really pain managerment you would be looking for, so a good neuro that is a PN expert are the people to see, normal neuro's don't know enough to give you the best advise and that should cover medications as well, a pain doc is another consideration.
One thing that aggravates PN is stress, emotional upsets etc, so try to keep calm as you can, if possible.

I second Dahleks advise about the stickies, up top on the front page you will learn a lot from there, a don't hesitate to ask questions there are some very knowledgable people here that will help if they can

good luck
Brian

Last edited by Brian; 02-12-2007 at 03:11 AM. Reason: spell
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote