Thread: Heart Problems
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 02:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegirl View Post
I have been having heart problems for a few years now. I have had 2 doctors tell me my problems are bc the RSD has spread to my heart. I saw a Cardiologist I used to work with today. She was really sweet & knowledgable about RSD!!! YAY!!! This was my first appt. with her today. She did an EKG & an ultrasound of my heart. I have to go tomorrow for a pulomanry function test. I also have to wear a holter monitor for 30 days. Holter monitors record your heartbeats so you know if it finds anything abnormal. It should come in the mail tomorrow of Saturday. I'm a little nervous, but just wanna know whats going on. My cardiologist said if all of this comes back normal, then it is the RSD. Even if it does show abnormalities, she still thinks RSD has spread to my heart. It is already on right side of my body & internal on my stomach. My cardiac symptoms are shortness of breath, racing heart, shallow breathing, hyperventilating, palpitations, fluttering in chest, & syncope (passing out) when these symptoms are present. I think that is it. Will let yall know how the polmonary function test goes tomorrow.
Hi Firegirl, I'm sorry to hear this. Glad you are going to monitored for 30 days. Because RSD is an autononic condition, our internal organs are involved. I saw a cardiologist some time ago and went thru battery of tests. I dailey monitor my blood pressure. Got one at Costco for $30. Only passed out once from low blood pressure.
Sounds like you and your Cardiac Drs. are on top of it. Please know we are thinking of you and hoping for the best. Your friend, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (09-17-2010)