View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 02:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
Hi Addy and Tom- Seems to me the thoroughly informative and thought provocative posts of Tom speak for his feelings about the forum. I am surely glad to have Tom among us here! What a blessing to consider ALL Tom brings before us, n'est ce pas?

Going to visit my Dad for his 79th birthday today. A long trip. Due to the trek, I do not know whether I will be on for a couple of days. Hope Dad remembers me despite his accelerating descent into Alzheimers, that is and my wife and children. In a way we are going wondering if we are saying goodbye while he can still communicate with some clarity......

Blessings on you all,
Mark56 PJ
Hello, Mark and Addy and ALL the others: if you get one tenth of the pleasure out of my posts that I do out of your company, we will get along fine.

Have a good safe trip, Mark. My mother died at age 79 in a nursing home. Sometimes she recognized me, sometimes she didn't. OR SO IT SEEMED! During 4 years of her "incarceration," I came away many times with the thought: Who knows what they know? Who sees what they see? Just when I was about to give up in frustration, my mother would say or do something remarkable. Remarkable...isn't it!?

Bestest to you and your family, Tom
lebelvedere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (09-17-2010), Alffe (09-18-2010), barbo (09-17-2010), Doody (09-17-2010), Mark56 (09-17-2010), Rrae (09-19-2010)