Thread: The Cure??
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 04:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default So frustrating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
Ron, I posted about this last night but thought it came out of Siberia...it sounds very promising but the article is quite vague. Is it a shot, a pill, any idea?

Have a great time on your holiday, and thanks for the table. FYI, we have gained almost 30 pounds since being put in mirapex from the get-go. It is damn near impossible to lose the weight, despite major effort. Before PD, we were about ten pounds heavier than high school, and the weight would melt off with very little effort. Seems like it's either too much one way or the other, very hard to find the balance between.
Lurking,

I am right there in the weight gain category, so far 20 lbs for me. What is frustrating for me is that I barely eat anything! I get the no appetite and weight gain side effect combo...go figure. If I have to deal with this weight, I at least want to gain it on my own terms by scarfing down pints of my favorite malted milk ball gelato or something. I am seriously considering tapering off Requip; the benefit is not so substantial anyway. The extra weight can't be healthy as it is around the middle and I never gain there.

I wonder how it changes our metabolism? I know that the drug leaves me feeling full after eating very little, but I can't figure out where the weight gain or loss comes in? So frustrating.
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote