View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 08:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I can't believe it! I have tried Tregretol, Trileptal with no success and have been taking 3200 mg of Neurontin a day. I have come within a hair of losing my job this year because of I've been so out of it -- and still in horrible pain even with taking vicodin every day in addition to the Neurontin. Last month I asked my pain doctor if I could try Lyrica and she said it wouldn't hurt but it was very much like Neurontin. I still had a half bottle of Neurontin left so I finished those first, not expecting much from the Lyrica anyway. I started taking the Lyrica last weekend 150 mg twice a day. I noticed nothing different until today -- I woke up with the usual pain but by the time I drove to work, I noticed I didn't have any pain when I got out of my car to walk into work and it was a bit chilly outside and then the a/c was on at work and I had none of the usual deep stabbing pain - only some light surface burning -- ALL DAY LONG!!! It was the first day that I did not have to take a Vicodin at work in MONTHS!!! I could not believe it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't some kind of fluke -- I'm scared to get my hopes up after all the false hopes I've put in nerve blocks, radiofrequency procedures (that made it worse) - to think there is actually an anti-seizure that would actually work for me!
Mary
bulliemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
supermoo (09-19-2010)