View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 09:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilvout View Post
Hi everyone
I have been diagnosed with young age early onset parkinsons, in 2008. As a mother and a wife I was wondering if anyone can give me a no nonsense portrait of what is going to happen to me. I know it is different for everyone the progression that is but I have been told the outcome is virtually the same for everyone.
Welcome aboard! I am a mom to a young son (18 months) and have been diagnosed for two years now. I found out about the PD around the same time I discovered I was pregnant. No one can really chart your course, but I will say that you want to minimize stress and maximize exercise. These are two constants that we can somewhat control. Stress is known to make your symptoms worse (sometimes, as I can attest) permanently. Exercise can reduce your symptoms dramatically. The rest is all a toss up.

You will find a lot of research based information here on how to take charge in the limited way we can. Tons of good info here and plenty of lab rats willing to try out herbals, cough syrup, in other words, we try a lot of different things your doctor won't support, but at least it gives you some measure of control over things.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote