View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 12:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mark,

At the time of the first exam she was leaving Day rehab from Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. It seemed that all the children that left that facility had an neuropsychology exam before they left. The two exams were definitely approached differently, but they measured the same things.

I don't understand how they measured some of these things on the first exam. For example, they provided a grade level for her reading ability both times. Perhaps this was required in the report for school. Her last exam put her at a 4th grade reading level, but as her teacher, I find that inaccurate. I would say she's easily at an 8th grade level because of her performance.

There's different WASI scores. Overall, the first exam had her below the 1st percentile across all the testing ranges. She fell within the 27th percentile a year later.

The full IQ was 78 the first exam and 105 the second exam. Prior to her accident her IQ was measured for the school's gifted program before middle school and high school, it was 129 when she was 10 and 145 when she was 14.

For her verbal skills, the Boston Naming test was in the 32th percentile and her D-KEFS verbal fluency test was in the 9th percentile. D-KEFS shows her ability to generate the right word. Her delayed recall was well below average. The report mentions she still has aphasia and dysphasia...these are the medical terms used for her speech difficulties.

For her nonverbal skills, all the tests were either less than 1 or at 1 percentile.

For Attention & Executive function, (WASI-IV Working memory index), was in the 4th percentile.

For Fine motor functioning, (WASI-IV Procesing Speed) was in the 2nd percentile.

Processing and memory are significant deficits for her.

Take care,
Angel
angel30656 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote