Thread: Just got the Dx
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 04:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just got the Dx

So for the last 7 years I have been going to the doc trying to find out what the H is going on with me. Finally the other day I got a dx of epilepsy, specifically from my temporal lobe. But my neurologist even told me he's not convinced it's really epilepsy even though he found 2 sharp waves from my temporal lobe during an EEG.

I have had multiple MRIs, CT scans, X-rays etc.... with nothing found until my EEG. I don't understand why he "isn't convinced"? He said that my symptoms don't necessarily "match up" with epilepsy. But I was under the impression that there were over 40 types of seizures so I find it hard to believe that just because mine aren't typical, that means it's not correct?

This is the process of what happens: I feel really lightheaded, almost like I'm drunk. Usually this comes along with a ringing or high pitched noise in my ear. Then I feel a tingling throughout my head and neck which sometimes spreads over my body. I typically lose my vision completely and it goes totally black. I stay conscious the whole time but feel really surreal or confused. I usually forget what I was just thinking or talking about. This whole process lasts less than a minute. Usually when I feel it coming on I grab something or sit down so I don't fall but I have completely blacked out and fallen and also lost my grip and dropped a glass breaking it. Afterwards I either have a headache or tremors or both. Also, I have always been told that, while sleeping, I say and do very nonsensical things or will just sit up straight with my eyes wide open for maybe 30 seconds, then lay down and go back to sleep.

To others on here who are more experienced with epilepsy, does this really not fit the "profile" of epilepsy?
salukigirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote