View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 07:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank You, Annie

Thank you so much! You are an incredible fountain of knowledge, as usual.

I haven't been given a hard time by SSDI yet, but I fully expect to be. I stupidly did not apply for disability for too many years because I just kept thinking that if I could only push myself hard enough I could get the upper hand. Of course I was filled with self blaming and guilt for so long, and I had no idea what was wrong with me, and then it became to late (I thought) to apply for disability. Ugh. Plus, I didn't think I could get it without a diagnosis and no doctor supporting me. So, I'm in the position now where I have to prove that I hade this disease, or actually diseases as it turns out since I have at least three, since 2004. Luckily, I have this brilliant woman helping me. She runs her own company as a disability consultant and she's passionate and sharp. I didn't even know that I could still qualify for disability until very recently so it's a huge relief and I'm determined to win, eventually. I was so terrified for so long that I would end up starving under a bridge somewhere.

I absolutely agree with you in your description of what happens to us as patients. You are absolutely spot on. And I can say that after 9 years of horrible medical care. I finally found a neuro who cares and is wanting to figure this out for me, but it did take almost nine years. But I am so grateful to her (of course it's a her!) since I have test results and specific symptoms which point to five different neurological diseases. And she's not running away, worried about all the time I'm going to take! A neuro goddess.

Anyway Annie, you rock. Thank you so much for your help.

Ally
bluesky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (09-19-2010), DesertFlower (09-22-2010)