View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 07:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
* greater difficulty in taking social risks, in asserting themselves, in making phone calls to inititate social contact, in introducing themselves to others, in participating in groups, and in enjoying themselves at parties.

* less skill in self-disclosure, less responsiveness to others, and a greater tendency to approach social encounters with cynicism and mistrust.

* more likelihood of evaluation themselves and others in negative terms and more tendancy to expect others to reject them.

They often report feeling depressed, angry, afraid, and misunderstood. They may become highly critical of themselves, overly sensitive or self-pitying.

When these things happen, lonely people often begin doing things which perpetuate their loneliness. Some become discouraged, lose their sense of desire and motivation to get involved in new situations, and isolate themselves from people and activities...
I couldn't have described myself better if I tried.
Addy (09-18-2010), barbo (09-19-2010), DMACK (09-19-2010), lebelvedere (09-19-2010), mistiis (09-22-2010), wishnomore (09-19-2010)