View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Cheryl,

I am so glad things have been better the past few days and I hope it continues.
my lead is on my occipital nerve on the back of my head. the occipital nerve pain goes into my left eye and kind of feels like v1 pain, but it is definitely my occipital.
I have been having problems with my v2 again since I had dental work that was needed. they felt it was too early to put a lead on the v2. t.hey are hoping that it will calm down on it's own and that it is just irritated and taking it's own sweet time calming down. if it does not, they said they can add a lead on the v2 or I can try glycerol rhizotomy. I will opt for the lead. I wish they would have just taken care of the v2 while they were in there, but dr said it needed to be acting up longer. I dread the thought of another surgery or even the possibility of another one. to me it would have been much easier to take care of it while they were in there.
Even though I am having v2 pain, it is so nice to have my occipital calm down. it was definitely the worst pain for me lately. this pain made me very nauseous like a migraine and I have been losing weight. I got on the scale yesterday and have now lost 26 pounds. I was a normal weight before and now I am getting very skinny. my clothes are hanging on me and I can't wear some of my pants anymore. I figure I can put some of the weight back on. Yesterday I got in the kitchen and made apple dumplings, a warm maple vanilla custard sauce and a warm cider sauce. Put the dumpling on the custard and drizzled the cider butter sauce over the whole thing.
my poor husband, I am trying to gain weight and he is trying to lose weight. we are not going to work well eating together.
My stim is still working well. I played with the settings some yesterday. I did seem to have a bit more pain last night for a few hours. I could feel the pain trying to give me my eye pain so I turned it up a bit more.
it is nice not to have all the wires hanging all outside my body, but it seems a little more trouble adjusting the stim. I have to go find my paddle thing and then sit still and try to figure it out. with the temporary, it was kind of nice just to reach down and turn it up, but I would rather have all the wires not taped to my body.
today I am going to try and figure out how to charge my stim. haven't even looked at that yet and I figure I better before my battery gets too low. I don't even know how to check the battery charge yet so I have homework. I know my rep showed me, but I was in so much pain I did not hear anything he said.
hope everyone has a good day

Easygoing
easygoing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (09-21-2010), calewark (09-30-2010), Mark56 (09-20-2010)