View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 06:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What is the hold up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldeerster View Post
If the results from Phase II turn out to be as successful as anticipated, hopefully someone will step up to the plate.

Cal
It looks like Phase II was successful, so I wonder why this is stalled out. I wonder sometimes if alternative ideas or potential therapies languish because so much more press is given to something else? In this case, I am thinking this GAD approach is overshadowed by GDNF? A lot of us know Ceregene, but I hadn't heard of Neurologix until now.

Anyway, looks like MJFF did fund Phase II. They post a very positive outcome.

http://www.michaeljfox.org/newsEvent...cle.cfm?ID=640

Lurking, thanks for the clinical trial history review! Looks like Dr. During and Dr. Kaplitts may be on to something big.

This statement from MJFF really hits home for all of us, doesn't it?

"While dopamine clearly plays a role in Parkinson's disease, dopamine levels in the brain are inherently difficult to control, resulting in sub-optimal treatment outcomes for patients.
We believe that by altering chemical targets further downstream in the brain's network that regulates movement, we have the potential to help improve outcomes and restore motor function for patients with advanced Parkinson's disease," added Matthew J. During, MD, DSc, scientific co-founder of Neurologix, Inc
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (09-19-2010)