View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

the ex and my DS are leaving Florida. My son called me last night clearly frustrated and angry. I asked what was going on. He said "I AM OUT OF HERE!" I had him slow down and talk to me. I guess his dad has been in search of or clinging to a bottle since they got there. DS is angry that he was not at grandpa's side when he passed, because dad wanted to go to a liquor store. Now during the clean up of the trailor the ex is wandering from room to room clinging to his bottle saying "i dont know what to do. what am I going to do. i just dont know what to do." so, my DS who has been doing all the work told him to just close the door, get in the car, and lets go home. he said he didnt realize how irritating drunks are, and swore to never drink again.

the home is unrentable. not only due to its condition, but the fact that the park has no less than 20 homes for sale/rent in the park and 99% of them are in good shape, clean, bright and in good repair. No one is even looking at them,even tho some are 5k or less in price or best offer. The park rental is $200 a month for parking, and then you have util and such. There is a mortgage on the place because FIL took out a loan to bail out drunk son. There is NO way he will be able to afford the park rent, let alone the $500 mortgage, or the util to keep the place running. My DS is right when he said "what does it matter, the bank is gonna own this place soon anyway" he packed anything sentimental into the car, called good will who came and cleared out all the clothes, extra furniture, and do dads, and then they held a penny yard sale. I am so proud of my DS for being such a man thru this, when his father just showed himself to be useless.

In true ex fashion 90% of the stuff is left undone, the bank accounts are not closed, the bills are not paid, the utilities are still on, the car was not repaired, and now they are limping their way home with him clinging to his bottle while someone else drives. Nice dad huh?

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (09-19-2010), hollym (09-22-2010), SallyC (09-19-2010)