View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 10:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Recovery from Chiari Surgery June 15, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4 View Post
I am curious--if anyone reading this has had surgery for Chiari I would like to hear how you've done. It would be interesting seeing some response on this because there is so little information available! Good or bad, please share your story!
anyone reading to response, please be patient, never done this before. I had a C1-C-2 Laminectomy & Decompression Chiari w/Doral Reconstruction on June 15, 2010. I was in ICU for three days, barely remember. I went home the fourth day. did everything neuro surgeon told me to do. for the last couple of weeks my symtoms came back but worse. My doctor put me on different types of pain medicine kept telling why am I having all these problems. She kept telling me it was not my Chiari. My last comment to her was I did not say it was. I know she fixed me, but why is she fighting me and telling what is the problem. I am getting an mri and xray on Monday.
my symtoms are tingling on the right side of my head followed by numbness behind the ear then comes the pain of the century. if feels like heavy pressure crawling up my skull. Sometimes I have to lay down for a couple of hours for the pain to stop. Sometimes when I'm work and they start feel sick.
baledo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote