View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 12:39 PM
anon21816

anon21816

Default Should I stop using my pain meds yet?

As Im now just 6 weeks post surgery Im wondering when should I stop taking my pain meds and more importantly how DO I actually stop. I have about 60% relief in my legs ie burning, stabbing, tingling pain is covered most of the time, especially when Im lying down. However, while Im walking I have to turn my stim up quite high, so I have a thumping feeling, but this is so that the sensation covers the pain in my back, although it sometimes 'hurts' my legs. Im still getting this heaviness that Ive had all along. EG while Im standing or walking around I get like I have a bag tied around my waist full of weights and its SO HEAVY. I feel at times as if Im just about to fall down with the weight. So the SCS isnt helping that at all. But overall Im more relaxed with the SCS.
So Im thinking, ok, well now I should stop my meds. So I was thinking do I just 'halve' the amount. So I take 2 x 50mg of Zydol three times daily, Would I be right in thinking , ok, then take 1 x 50 Zydol three times daily, and the same with my other meds??
I will contact my Dr's office, but was wondering how you coped with the reductions

Thanks
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-20-2010), Rrae (09-19-2010)