View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 02:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Did the MJFF fund it?

I'm reading your link and trying to find confirmation of that.

In one of Lurking's links, the financial writer mentions that perhaps Medtronics will partner up with Neurologix.

Since Neurologix' aim with this breakthrough medicine is to make DBS obsolete, what financial incentive would Medtronix have to shoot itself in the foot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
It looks like Phase II was successful, so I wonder why this is stalled out. I wonder sometimes if alternative ideas or potential therapies languish because so much more press is given to something else? In this case, I am thinking this GAD approach is overshadowed by GDNF? A lot of us know Ceregene, but I hadn't heard of Neurologix until now.

Anyway, looks like MJFF did fund Phase II. They post a very positive outcome.

http://www.michaeljfox.org/newsEvent...cle.cfm?ID=640

Lurking, thanks for the clinical trial history review! Looks like Dr. During and Dr. Kaplitts may be on to something big.

This statement from MJFF really hits home for all of us, doesn't it?

"While dopamine clearly plays a role in Parkinson's disease, dopamine levels in the brain are inherently difficult to control, resulting in sub-optimal treatment outcomes for patients.
We believe that by altering chemical targets further downstream in the brain's network that regulates movement, we have the potential to help improve outcomes and restore motor function for patients with advanced Parkinson's disease," added Matthew J. During, MD, DSc, scientific co-founder of Neurologix, Inc

Last edited by caldeerster; 09-19-2010 at 07:54 PM.
caldeerster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote