View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Lightbulb Listen to your body

Of course your Dr is the big boss in this, but I (still hoping!!) am thinking that I will start to notice I won't be reaching for the breakthru meds as often and/or, like you say, only use half as much and be able to get the full effect.....(tolerance decline).....

Let us know what your Dr advises on this k.! We are all on this learning curve and I like to hear the different professionals give their 2 cents.

I was hoping I'd be able to get away from the pain meds more than I have as of yet.......but considering I was at one point on the highest level of Fentanyl PLUS taking BT meds and all this combined barely kept me above water with the pain battle.......now I don't use the Fentanyl at all, but may just have to take certain meds indefinitely.
I think a big part of my issue right now is that I'm still pretty 'up there' as far as my tolerance, so if I were to go on a 'drug holiday' (quit for awhile), it would help lower my tolerance and I'd not have to take as much. I just can't handle withdrawal. It took quite an effort to safely taper off the Fentanyl under Dr care.
Patience is what I need.....and to excercise more, hoping it'll strengthen the muscles that had gone atrophisized (?) from being so inactive.
I'm finally getting back in to activities and I'm noticing (finally!) that I don't have to pay such a high physical price the next day.

You and me seem to have almost identical pain conditions......I think that's how I got confused in assuming we even had the same units!
"Nana" here is wanting to get in the best shape possible for the new little man coming into my life in 2 months!!!
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (09-20-2010), Mark56 (09-20-2010)