View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 03:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyjourney View Post
Hi, i've never posted here before but I saw your post and even though it has been a few months i felt compelled to reply. I am in the Tampa area in Florida and my doctor has a compounding pharmacy make the liquid you are looking for. It is called "speed9/ketamine" by the pharmacy. It is a gel type yellowish liquid that is externally applied. It contains multiple medications like flexeril, ketamine, anti inflammatories, lidocaine, some kind of "speed" thing ,etc. It works wonderful and I have never had any kind of side effect. I take medication and I prefer to avoid having to take the pills if I can so I love the compound gel because it is usually enough to keep me from having to take a pill. Best of all there is no mind altering effect from it ( i dislike the way many medications cause a variety of mental and emotional side effects). The pharmacy I use mails my medicine to me even though they are only 30 mins or so away because I can't sit in the car and deal with a 1 hr round trip just to get the med. It is VERY inexpensive as well- my insurance wanted me to pay 135$ but the pharmacy charges me their price of 35$. If you'd like to have your doctor see if they can talk with the pharmacy and have your med mailed to you it is called Promise Pharmacy and located on US HWY 19 in Palm Harbor. They are really nice helpful people there- WAY better experience then when I use drugstores like CVS and walmart that have horrible patient treatment. Anyways I hope it helps you, I'm fortunate to be in the Tampa area there are a lot of drs doing some good work on RSD and I feel blessed to have such great ones that care so much.
Hi onmyjourney, I can't thank you enough for this information. I see my Dr. next week . If you could tell me your Drs. name-I assume he owns the pharmacy, I will call him and make arrangements for a conference call between him and my Dr. And order the compounding cream.
I know you are in a good area for good Drs. treatment etc. I don't have insurance any more, so the lower price sounds good. I already take 2 high blood pressure meds, one pain med, one anti-anxiety med, one anti-depressant, and one sleep med. My Dr.. is conservative- For 15 years and now full body and internally, I have actually gone down on pain meds.
What kind of treatment have you had?
Thank you ahead of time for the Dr-pharmacist's name. Your friend, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote