View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I only know from what I read recently on the net.

One page mentioned hygiene issues, and also infectious issues.

I did see one page that said, sensitivity problems are more common and expected with UNcircumcized males... there is a therapy for stretching the foreskin to help ease that.
Those sites also say that the skin of a circumcsized male tends to thicken on the glans, and lowered sensitivity is more common.
Proponents against circumcision of male babies cite that factoid most often. This may be why you encounter puzzled doctors.

If you have latent herpes simplex, this virus lives in the nerves. This can be tested for.
The only non-drug remedy I know for this is high dose l-lysine tablets, 1 or 2 grams a day. If you have high titres of herpes (and most people do), a course of antiviral may help. But you need a blood test for this. Chicken pox virus also does this.
Pain from Herpes Zoster virus can happen with no rash forming.
But it is not common in your location. This can also be tested for and treated the same way.

Putting a mild barrier cream on the area may help with sensations against fabrics. A and D is also healing. I'd stay away from steroids, as they didn't really work for you and they also may bring on Herpes, if you have it latent/sleeping.

If you don't have this problem elsewhere, that is a sign that local irritation may be the culprit. So handle that as you need to do.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote