View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 08:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default trying to figure this out

What I am trying to figure out is should I bother with more testing at this point, or wait to see if it gets worse. Again my grandfather did have MG, and my mother has fibro. Here are my cuurent symptoms.

1) Random muscle twitching (neuro called them benign twitches). I have since read from an oxford journal that this is actually called peripheral nerve hyperexcitability and it has a strong realtionship to autoimmune especially MG.

2) Lump in the throat feeling. It went away for a couple of weeks, but now it is back after having a decent sinus infection. I have read a few people with this symptom on here.

3) Double vision (not bad) I can correct for it, and only notice it if I let me eyes relax.

4) Hypothyroid. taking levothyroxine for it.

5) Had Bell's Palsy. I am recovered from that though. The only side effects are that when i yawn my left eye closes, and I have more twitching in that area than any place else.

6) Cramps. I get horrible lower back cramps about once every couple of months. They are very painful. I also rarely get them in my feet.

7) If I lift something heavy with my hand I have to physically move my fingers with the other hand to get the muscles to relax.

8) Fatigue is a problem also, but they told me that was from the thyroid. I get very tired in the middle of the day.

9) At the end of the day if I try to frown the muscles in my neck violently tremor, but they are fine earlier in the day and this doesn't happen.

10) I don't think I have weakness in any limbs. I can lift my 4 year old no problem and carry him up the steps. I don't get short of breath doing it either.

11) I have had some problems with feeling like food gets stuck in my throat, but I just figured it was dry. If I take a drink it goes right down.

Again I have had no blood tests for anything other than the thyroid which was just done in June. I don't have a cause for the thyroid problems either....just told sometimes this happens. My fear level with this is mostly gone. I would just like to know if this is MG or something else autoimmune. I am only 31 (turn 32 in november), so I know I am young for MG. but it just seems like the dots are connected to me.
mhswarriors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote