View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 11:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question What works for you for pain relief?

Hello everyone
I've been reading posts here for awhile. I want to first explain my situation.

I have over 10 things "wrong with me", though not all of them are as serious as other. Here is my list of what I have been diagnosed with: polyneuropathy (small and large fiber), postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, arthritis, PCOS, allergies, migraines, and other medical problems and challenges, including only one good kidney.

I am obviously not asking for medical advice as I would from a doctor. I'm not wondering about medications.. but rather other homeopathic type treatments that you have found to work for your pain.

I am on the Fentanyl patch, which helps a bit with my neuropathy. However, my back pain is not being helped at all.

I used to get relief from a heating pad on my back--that is the only thing that I have ever found that helps.

Now, because I am on the patch, I am unable to use the heating pad.

I cannot stand to use ice on my back.

I also am bedridden and am unable to move around much.

So I'm wondering what other things have helped those of you with back pain. I do as much stretching/exercising as I can from bed.

Heat and ice are both out, and my TENS unit doesn't help me anymore.

Does anyone else have any ideas that may help reduce the pain?

Thanks!

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote