View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Unhappy If Hugs Could Talk.....

(((Sarah))) .....
You've had one HELLo of a day and I'm so sorry.....

To be honest, I think those 'psyche evals' are not what they are cracked up to be in a lot of cases. I mean really. Who ARE these people and what gives them the 'right' to think they really 'know' if this procedure is right for us or not?!
You did the right thing by being honest. They won't hold it against you for being honest about the shots. Maybe he is trying to determine, or rather, 'make sure' it's not some sort of actual 'phobia' or something.....
It's human nature to not want to do cartwheels when getting shots.
It won't be the 'deciding factor' in this whole process. It's just that maybe they will feel they need to address the 'anxiety' in more detail, that's all.
Heck, I admitted that YES I am depressed as hell! My quality of life has gone down the toilet since this pain battle began.
I'm betting that as long as you are conveying to 'them' that you simply want your life BACK, or obtain a 'better quality of life' would maybe be a better way to word it.....
The issue with the needles can be discussed in more detail. It's not something that should cause this process to come to a screeching halt.
It sounds to me (at least from what you've shared in your post), that all went pretty standard - with the psyche eval......It's not fun being scrutinized tho, plus, you felt like cr@p because of the B12 shot, plus you had to climb stairs to get to your appt and they didn't accomodate you like you were led to believe (footstool).....it would have been nice if they could have done that for you, so you could be more comfortable that whole time.

It all just kinda goes hand in hand with that all-too-familiar unfortunate reality of how people just simply don't 'get it'......they don't understand what it's like to be in pain 24/7. If 'they' can't 'see' your pain....then to 'them' it's not 'there'. Which leaves us feeling pretty dang lonely and .....ya.
I'm so sorry you are feeling like this.
We 'get it' though.....so you are among friends here.

Anyway, I just wanted to (((hug))) you.
You've had quite a day.
You can sure use one.

Caring Always
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (09-21-2010), Mark56 (09-20-2010), smae (09-20-2010)