View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 07:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry my social security disibility benefits were stopped!!!

hello,i had been collecting ssdi benefits for about 14 years for bi-polar condition as well as for depression and a severe learning disibility.about 1 year ago i began working at a part-time job at a local restaurant as a busboy.i was earning about 800.00 per month below the ssa guidlines which is roughly $1000.00 a month.recently my disibility case was reviewed by ss and i recieved a letter in the mail saying that my benefits were being terminated for the folowing reasons...the fact that i have been able to hold a job for the better part of 1 year means that i have demonstrated that my condition is not severe enough to be considered disabled under social security rules.the letter goes on to say that because i haven't seen a doctor in a while and iam not takeing any medication further indicates that my condition has improved and that i cannot be considered disabled under social security rules.....my disibility check is only $590.00 per month and i had no choice but to take a part-time job and now social security is useing it against me.iam applealing the decision and will go before a judge.
gilbert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote