15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylilyfan View Post
Are you all ready for some good news?

are you really ready?

I heard from Social Security.....

I am APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first check should be in my account in October.

But my backpay will take up to 6 months.

I cannot believe it. No lawyer, no appeal -- amazing. They found me disabled from the date my employer let me go in Dec. 2009. With the waiting period, that means I started disability June 2010. So I won't get on Medicare till June 2012 - which may mean I go a year without insurance - because my COBRA will end June of 2011. I'll have to see what I can do on that. No insurance company with a brain would cover me.

I will know more once I get the actual letter - such as was I classified as permanently disabled, or will I have to get a new decision after so many years, things like that.

But -- I am SOOOOOO happy!!!!!!! Such a relief.

Congratulations. It is a relieve when you get approved. And what most don't realize is that you get much more than just that monthly check especially if you have minor children it's truly a lifesaver. I had a great case worker and she made me aware of every benefit I was entitled to. I didn't get mine of the first try but did on the second. I also particpate in the work program so I am able to work 2 days a week which gets me out and feeling better about myself. Again congratulations......

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote