View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 06:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was just thinking about neuropathy and the eyes yesterday. I was having blurry vision in my right eye, which has happened before. I work for an optometrist and when this problem was bothering me for days, he examined my eyes and told me all he could find was a very, very early pre-cataract forming, which may not even surface for another 10 yrs, then added that I should not even notice it.

This has nothing to do with you I'm sure, yet may help another. I am gluten, nightshade, shellfish, all grains, and cruciferous veggie intolerant. A few weeks ago, a friend told me to try kale, that it is much like spinach and that I may like it for a change too. So, without researching kale, I tried it. When I eat something I am intolerant to, must be the first thing that hits me is brain fog, cause my thinking concepts disappear.

Out of the blue, my feet started buzzing, constantly. Then my carpal tunnel in the right hand, causing me to need my brace at night. 2 days later, my left hand joined the party. All this time, my tummy isn't happy, not at all. that's when it hit me yesterday morning..RESEARCH KALE! Kale is a cruciferous veggie, which I can't have. Then later in the day, the vision in my right eye went wacky, so yes, I do think neuropathy definitely can effect any nerve it wants.

Thankfully for me, when the intolerant food is stopped, and the symptoms begin to clear, things go back to normal for me, in time. The entire process takes at least 3 weeks if not longer.

I hope things improve for you.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote