View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

welcome to the forum. I am sorry you had the need to find us, but happy we can be here.

I started out in my late 30s with buzzy feet, burning feet, a dropped left foot, migraines, and an odd assortment of other issues. The MRI/Ct scan was negative but my CRP (c reactive protien) was 10, so we knew there was inflammation somewhere. I was given the migraine syndrome lable, with an anxiety disorder and released. Thought I was going crazy. Today my leg works, tomorrow its so heavy, spastic and buzzy I cant use it. Years pass, several episodes go with it, but the MDs all point out that in writing I have a normal MRI, and I am just overly anxious.

I moved to New Hampshire after I retired early, and got a new MD. The new guy saw me walking, and said he knew I had an issue. He ordered a new MRI, and new tests. He asked for the old MRI to be sent to him. Turns out the old MRI showed lesions, but no one commented on them. Since it was less than 10 it was marked as "migraine lesions" I was packed off to the MS center who without blinking told me I have had MS for years, and while not everyone shows up with an MRI filled with lesions, my case is clear, and I have had MS for a long time.

I was also told that not all MRI machines pick up all lesions. The open MRI is not as strong as the closed machines and will miss things.

One of the MS MDs I was sent to dismissed me and said I was too old to have MS! The MS center said NO ONE is too old for MS, esp if they have gone undx for years/decades.

I hope you find the answers you seek. Have you gone to an MS center?

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote