View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 11:14 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

"Spare me the labor" - LMAO Alffe!

Idealist

I've been a member of Braintalk since 1998. I spent two years prior to that frantically searching the world for treatment of my rare form of familial amyloidosis - nuttin.' By the time I found Braintalk, I was terrified and suicidal.

Like Snoopy, I've come to terms with my illness - and I've accepted my fate. I received the emotional support I needed in order to accomplish this task. All I needed was the fine people here because they showed true love and understanding. They allowed me to speak, they listened with their hearts, and threw in some good coping advice as well. It's pretty amazing what we can endure when we know we have people who care in our corner.

I still have my moments, but they're rarely about me anymore because I have accepted my fate. However, outside influences (war, racism, hypocrisy, lies) take a HUGE toll from me physically and emotionally. The stress causes my symptoms to flare, but I'm a little afraid to take it here because I don't want to upset anyone or start a political debate.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote