Thread: Grateful
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

Dear Coffeegirl what a wonderful post, and great attitude!

yes, we do have to recognize achievements in small things we do... that are not so easy for us.

by nature i am fairly amicable, tend to want to be friendly, but am fearful of it at the same time. so sometimes i reach out and it is always a risk. Kay i know just what you mean... there's times people react well and it seems so natural, and then other times i've felt like a total kook - for days after. it is worse if i am holed up for a long time, and not used to dealing with people. get horribly self-conscious.

today i met a couple people's gazes by chance and they smiled at me. i smiled back briefly and then looked away... the latter being necessary to keep polite reserve between strangers. but it isn't often others smile at me spontaneously. or sometimes, they do and i can't help think they are sniggering. it did not feel that way, it felt welcoming. like they approved of my existence. i admit i am also pleased i was able to process it in a positive way, rather than feel threatened or ridiculed.

i too am grateful for everyone here that appreciates these subtle difficulties in our daily lives.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-21-2010), Dmom3005 (09-22-2010), Mari (09-21-2010), OhKay (09-22-2010)