View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 06:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by painfull View Post
I am sorry to say that it does sound as if you've done the forbidden...working, and not taking meds. I can see where it appears that you may be able to work and hold a reasonable job, and one that makes more than SSI. If you are really sick enough to get SSI you are supposed to not be able tohold a job, which you can do. Or have a medical condition that you are managing, however not taking meds says you are not managing your illness. You should take your meds if your sick enough to get SSI. I know I am waiting for my SSI and I can't even walk. They can see that I can't walk, but still I wait and pray that I get some help.
I agree. I actually got approved after only 3 months, but that was because I got very lucky and had a wonderful lady helping me that got a second doctor's opinion.. I was about to be denied and she pushed for a second opinion.

If people are able to work, and aren't struggling with a condition (struggling usually means they can't work, are on a lot of medicines to control it, or are seeking out the treatment/care of a doctor), they really don't need to be on SSI. It's not free money for those people who have a medical problem--it's support for those who have no other choice and cannot support themselves due to their conditions. That doesn't sound like you are in that situation anymore, if you are able to hold down a job, and not seek care and be on medicine.

I'm no legal expert, but I'd highly suggest you think about fighting this... I don't think you have a case, and will just wind up spending a lot of money to most likely lose. Every case of SSI is reviewed and if they find that you no longer qualify, it is their right to determine that and stop your benefits. It would be different if you were still unable to work and on 15 different medications.

I would suggest that if you want to keep working (because people can work some and keep benefits), that you work as well as seek out care and treatment along with take whatever medication is available/prescribed. By working and not seeing a doctor or taking medications, it shows that you function just fine without disability.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote