View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default More info on my test result findings.

The doctor ran tests for b12, folate, diabetes, arthritis, thyroid, paraprotienmia, ect. He listed the findings from the NCV as systemic sensory-motor pheripheral nueropathy with dymyelinating and axonal features. The EMG was negative for an active radiculopathy. Examination revealed absent DTR'S on both ankles, and stocking distribution hyoesthesia, he also made a notation that I have high arches. I take Mobic and flexiral 5mg if my back is acting up with muscle spasms. I have 2 discs that herniated 3 1/2 years ago, but he say's that is not what's causing the problem. He prescribed me lyrica, I will only take it in the evening because it makes me tired. I'm not a big fan of medications so I don't take them regularly. The nerves that are affected are the peroneal, tibial, and sural. The peroneal seems to be affected the most, do to no response for sensory or motor stimulation for the right side. and n/r for the sensory on the left side with decreased response for the motor on the left. all f-wave studies had prolonged latency with no response for the right peroneal nerve. Because my blood tests came back normal, he is not ruling out hereditary or the possiblity of a femoral nerve problem. I thought that femoral dysfunction usually only affects a single nerve, but I'm not a doctor so what do I know. Everything I've read online about sensory-motor nueropathy is that it is a system wide problem affecting the whole body.
lynn01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote