View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Don't let the lack of response get to you! It's been fairly quiet around here lately. Even for me, it can be overwhelming just to deal with the health issues I have, let alone trying to help others. So many people with MG are worn out on a daily basis, so keep that in mind too.

I will again encourage you to ask for some basic tests to be done, like a chem panel. Have they run the acetylcholine receptor antibody panel (binding, modulating and blocking antibodies) and the MuSK antibody? If not, they should. An IgG deficiency could make a normally positive result appear negative.

Dose your double vision go away when you close one eye or not? MG double vision is called "binocular" double vision and it goes away when one eye is closed.

I would NOT accept an explanation from a doctor that "it can happen" for the reason you have a thyroid problem. It could be so much more than that. So many GOOD doctors do more tests, like thyroid antibodies and sometimes an ultrasound of the thyroid gland. Do you have copies of your test results? If not, please get them!!!

Even if you have residual nerve damage from Bells, B12 will still help heal any leftover peripheral nerve damage. You can't get too much of that vitamin. Without it, people die. It's a very significant vitamin.

I honestly believe you should consult with an endocrinologist. One other thing that happens towards the end of the day is that cortisol runs out. Sure, you could have MG and that tends to get worse towards the end of the day too. But you really should get a second opinion on your thyroid situation.

I am trying to help but that's all any of us can do. The rest is up to you and your doctors. I hope you will get help and figure this out soon.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote