Thread: Getting SSI! :)
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 11:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Mae View Post
Yes, that is what I have heard. Was there something I said that made you say that, or was that just a general reminder?

Just asking, because I am wondering if I implied that I'd just save it all up for later.. that was never my intention.. I realize that I can only have a certain amount... though I am not sure how I will keep spending money on things.. I've spent my whole life living under the poverty level, and so I don't see how I will find a way to spend all that money every month. We'll see.
In a previous post you said you'd have a little bit of money to put in savings or spend. If you were not aware of the resource limit and saved over the limit, at some point, SSI would ask for the money back.

The main purpose of SSI is that a disabled person has money for food and shelter. Pay for those things each month. Think about purchases that will improve the quality of your life for the long term or that will make your life easier today with any leftover funds. A quality mattress, better quality household appliances, medical care that may not be covered by Medicaid (like dental and optical), pretty sheets and a nice pillow, pretty dishes, a comfortable chair that you chose, a TV in your bedroom.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote