View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 08:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
I do agree that a person who has a mental disorder who doesn't need medication and stops seeing a psychiatrist and is able to work and earn $1000 a month is just not disabled enough to qualify for disability benefits. Where is the reduced ability to function?
Janke,
I totally agree with you, but I do want to point this out:

"i was earning about 800.00 per month below the ssa guidlines which is roughly $1000.00 a month"

If the guideline is $1000/mo and this person was earning $800 below the amount, they are making about $200/mo, which is not enough for any person to live on unless they are getting free housing and food. At least, $200/mo wouldn't be enough for me unless I was getting a lot of things for free.

Still, I agree that in this case, if the original poster is working and not under a doctor's care, he or she should be able to ask for more hours and would be able to support himself/herself.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote