View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 08:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Mae View Post
From my understanding, no. You are not required to see exactly the same doctors or take the exact same medications to remain on either SSDI or SSI. As long as you are under a doctor's care (at least one) and are taking medication for your conditions (even if they have changed), you are fine.

The medications that you are taking right now--are they also for whatever has gotten you approved for SSDI?

For example, I am on medication for neuropathy and just was accepted for SSI. As long as I take medication for neuropathy, I think I will be fine. However, if I go off of all medicines for neuropathy and only take medicines for migraines, that doesn't count and I may not qualify when I am evaluated. Does that make sense?
I don't really know exactly what condition I was approved for. I suffer from severe depression, anxiety disorder, panic disorder, bipolar, high blood pressure and I am a borderline diabetic. I have tried over and over again to try and find out the exact reason for which I was awarded benefits but I still cannot get a straight answer.
Shellback is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote