View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
I don't really know exactly what condition I was approved for. I suffer from severe depression, anxiety disorder, panic disorder, bipolar, high blood pressure and I am a borderline diabetic. I have tried over and over again to try and find out the exact reason for which I was awarded benefits but I still cannot get a straight answer.
What do you mean? You are saying that you have called your local disability office (SSA, or whatever) and have asked, and they do not tell you why you were awarded SSDI? Try asking again. It could be a combination of things.

I am on SSI now, but I believe SSDI is given when you have worked enough to build up credits, but can no longer work. So what is it that has stopped you from working? Which of your conditions affects you the most? I have migraines, but could work with them. I have over 10 medical problems, but only 2 or 3 of them keep me from working and make me "disabled".

If you don't know what condition(s) you were awarded this for, you need to find out. If you go off all medications for depression, for example, and that is why you cannot work, it will show them that you indeed can work if you are not working with a doctor to keep it under control.

It should say in all of the paperwork which conditions you have that they consider disabling.

I have limited knowledge about all of this since I am new to it, but have even less about SSDI, since that is not what I am receiving. I will be interested to see what someone else says that comes along... I am just telling you what I have read from others on this site, but I am not an expert.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote