View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 10:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Interesting facts here, Mark, as always.

I don't for one second believe her brain was not injured. It was just more apparent in the areas that handle eye/brain relays and stress control. Her vision therapist has explained this in very simple terms so that she and I can best understand it. The therapy is brain training, not eye training. This is probably different from the type of therapy that involves different colors. Other than that all I can do is have a little faith and hope she keeps her head protected as much as possible.

I just wonder why none of the bazillions of docs we saw pointed us in this direction sooner. On the other hand some of the symptoms had to sort of simmer down before the eye stuff became obvious. I don't know...just extremely thankful we found this underlying issue and a caring, through doc to help us treat it. My instincts were SCREAMING that there was some underlying, treatable issue. It took a long time for someone to finally listen.

As for re-injury we are very cautious. She has "retired" from contact sports. She will probably run track this spring, and she runs and does yoga and all sorts of other activities. Losing her sports was devastating. I had to be the bad guy but I think I made the right decision. More importantly now that she is on the other side of the worst of this SHE thinks I made the right decision.

Just my opinion here, but enough things can happen accidentally in daily life to hurt your head without adding in the dangers of a contact sport. She goes through life at hyper speed, which contributed to her injury in the first place, so I am constantly reminding her "slow down, be careful".
PCSLearner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote