View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Not sure where this goes...but this is probably at least fairly appropriate.

I am once again watching my calories, etc. and trying to lose a few pounds. I am using a computer program to track all my foods and exercise.

For the past two weeks, I have eaten what I think is very appropriate and very healthy.
The program also tracks nutrition.

I have been eating lots of vegetables (all kinds), chicken, fish, hummus, organges, oatmeal, beans, salads, fresh peanut butter, yogurt, etc.

I just looked at my nutrition averages....several seemed healthy (near 100%), a few seemed mediocre. But what stood out by far was VITAMIN D. It barely registered on the chart...like 1% (again barely).

I supplement D3 and have been tested and all is well. I do belive I have felt better since supplementing with this.

Anyway, just thought I would mention that even eating in a very healthy manner does not seem to help us take in the D3...perhaps it only comes from the sun????

AND I personally am trying to avoid excessive sun exposure. This certainly isn't a nutrient coming from our food....

A quick google search revealed that some mushrooms and some fish might have a certain amount of VIT D in them.

Suppelmentation seem important to me.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote