View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Annie B3 and Ally,

Thanks for these entries about disability....I have been avoiding appying for Soc Sec disability since I got MG, going on a year and a half now....my neuro told me I couldn't get disability, to just wait and I would be able to work normally...still not happening although I can and am working part time.

Annie, your comment about living in the homeless shelter got to me...I'm afraid that is where I am headed to...I still have about 1 or 2 more years worth of savings account money that I am living on now to supplement my part time work, but it is slowly getting drained away. Your comment was an eye opener. I have to do something before my savings is gone.

Last week I went to apply for state insurance again...last time they denied it because they used my previous income...and I came home in tears, so disgusted with myself for not being able to work and take care of my kids. I am proud to take care of myself and want to work. I would work more if I could, I am really getting depressed about this...I am going downhill emotionally.

The good news is that my MG seems to have stabilized and I can live with it other than the work part, working more than part time makes me crash and I am unable to work for a few weeks afterward. In fact, last week I gave it one last try to work more since I have been feeling mostly good, and I have been barely able to function since attempting more work, but am recovering. Just can't do it.

I just have to apply for disability, I really don't think I will ever be able to work full time again even if my neuro thinks so. I wish I had someone to help me through this, every time I get out the form for disabily I get depressed and can't even look at the form...maybe I should find someone who does this for a living, let them represent me...I don't know.

Sorry for not starting a new thread, don't have the energy.

I wish everyone the best.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote