View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 01:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart That's Great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Mae View Post
Yes, Rae! It is a huge blessing from God!

As soon as my mom and I were done talking to the lady who called us, I thanked Him over and over and over again... He always provides and I know it was His doing... to connect us with this lady--otherwise I would have been denied because that doctor had already written a report and was going to deny me.. and because she got a second opinion, I don't have to worry about going through an appeal and getting a lawyer (which I don't have the money for anyway!).

And all in THREE months.. even that felt like forever, since I'm living on NO income.. but I know it can take much, much longer.. so I am grateful.

And today in the mail I got my records from my pain management doctor--the last two visits.

I think I know why the guy yesterday focused so much on this anxiety thing--my pain management doctor had it in my notes that I struggle with anxiety!!!!

I have no idea what gave him that impression (unless it was just the shots--because I did tell him about that, too).

Overall, that is NOT the case. I have one fear about this whole process.. and that does not equate having anxiety issues, in my opinion.

So when I see him on October 6th, I'm going to ask him (nicely) what led him to that conclusion and try to straighten it out and see if it can be removed from my file (if it isn't just about the shots)...

I struggled a lot with depression and anxiety in high school, but half of it was circumstantial and the other half is things that God has healed me of and I no longer struggle... so I know what anxiety is like and I do not have it right now.

And it's not at all that I'm afraid of someone thinking I struggle with it... I don't care (too much) what most people think of me. I care what those who matter to me think... but mostly I care what God thinks and what I think... BUT.. I don't want that in my permanent record if he can't give me a good reason for writing it, just because it can affect the way other doctors see me and what treatments I can get. And that, is not cool--if it's not the truth. SO I will talk to him and see why he says that and work that out with him.

But I am still on cloud 9 from that phone call--this is such wonderful news.

I was JUST trying to decide what to do with my cell phone. I have to pay my bill within a week, and that's the end of my money in savings and my checking account... so I was thinking I'd have to get rid of my phone... which would be fine except the fee to terminate a contract is a couple hundred dollars, which I don't have... so I was really struggling with how to handle this... and boom! Here comes God, providing in the way I certainly wasn't expecting!
Yay Sarah! I am so glad that you were able to get this and were able to get the help you needed! I wasn't on fb or here til late last night and I was wiped out by the time we got home...I will send you a message soon though! Anyway, I am so glad that thing are working out for you and sometimes when there is so much going on that is bad it is so monumental when something good happens and of course it is definitely God that brings us through!
I am sorry about your doctors saying that you have anxiety. And I understand why you are upset about it but I guess I am wondering why is it so wrong to have anxiety or have it in your chart? I have read my doctor's reports throughout my life, and have seen some unflattering things even straight out lies and now my new rule is to only look over the stuff from the records that I need because I can make myself really upset if I do read everything ever written. I am not saying you have anxiety I just was wondering why is having anxiety such a bad thing? I hope you don't get mad at me asking that I was just wondering. I do agree with Jackie that you should talk it over with your doctor about his reasoning's behind writing that in your chart. I will keep praying for you that things keep working out and that the process keeps moving along, I have a lot of faith that things are just going to keep getting better! Take care and we will talk later! Love you!
tchr012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (09-22-2010), Mark56 (09-22-2010), Rrae (09-22-2010)