View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 01:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been thinking on this very subject now for a while. Last week joy bubbled out of my heart "just because" no particular reason.....I realized in that moment that I can just "be happy" and I also realized that I hadn't been, or felt joy in quite a while. I managed to hang onto it for a while. Then I fell into the pit again because of the memories and pain of losing a child when he was seven in a very nasty situation. I really let that and some other very trying situations bring me down. I loved and love this child with all my heart. And I fear he will never know it. But, I am getting off the subject. Truly, real joy and sorrow spring from our hearts.

I think the greatest gift we can truly have is peace. To have a sense of peace whether we are joyful or sorrowful, that is my goal. I know it is within us and is possible. There are times when I can manage it, other times I fall.

So, that being said, my friends, family, and God make me happy, oh, and my dog when I can be around her.

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (09-22-2010), Alffe (09-26-2010), barbo (09-22-2010), DMACK (09-22-2010), wishnomore (09-27-2010)