View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 01:49 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Good story Darlene

hehe - It's probably why I was such a pain in the backside with my church elders when I was a kid. They didn't like my questions and kept shooing me away. I didn't like their lies and hypocrisy, so I finally left.

The Christian label does carry with it certain responsibilities. I've never responded well to straight preaching - anyone can learn to recite poetry. I pay attention to those who practice what they preach.

I was at a concert one night, and the woman next to me asked if I had a pen she could borrow. The only pen I had was VERY expensive and a gift from my husband, one I don't typically lend out. It seemed wrong to lie and say I didn't have one, so I gave it to her.

Before the concert started we went out to the lobby and when we came back the woman was gone. She had been sitting in the wrong seat, and the ushers moved her to another section.

At first I was angry at myself for being honest, but I threw it out of my head because I wanted to enjoy the concert.

As we were leaving afterward I got a tap on my shoulder, and it was the woman returning my pen to me. Not only was it a thrill to have my pen back, it was nice to know she made the effort to get it back to me. My skin color helped her find me. I think I was the only white person in the stadium - but still
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote