View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tony, Do you mind defining "fatigue?" It's funny, I had a doctor play a semantics game with me the first time I thought I had MG. I said, "My muscles feel weak." He said, "You mean fatigued?" To me, fatigue had always meant tired and weak meant weak! But to doctors, fatigue is a word they use for weak muscles. And if they are being an @$$, then they use it for both things to tick you off.

So, is it a case of your muscles being weaker or are you "sleepy tired?"

If you are weaker, it could be MG. I think a trip to your neuro is a smart thing to do to make sure.

If you are sleepy, it could be that you're having signs of adrenal fatigue. Going off of Pred too quickly can cause that to happen. While on Pred, in case you don't know already, the adrenals go "to sleep." Pred is doing their job for them! It can be very hard to get off of Pred due to that.

Don't assume it's the Pred withdrawal. It's always good to get an opinion from your primary doc if it doesn't get better. An endocrinologist can work with your neuro on getting you off of Pred, if that's the goal. But don't expect a neuro to be an endo.

I hope you can figure out what's going on and feel better.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote