Thread: Grateful
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 04:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post
I'm really not self-confident. My physical disabilities make it worse....

I like to have a glass of wine every now and then, so I go to the liquor store with the best wine selection...
Several weeks ago, I went there with one of my friends and I didn't get ID'ed but he did. I joked about it, and the clerk said it was because she remembered me. I joked that it must be because I'm a gimp. She said, "oh no, it's because of the beautiful tattoo you have around your neck."

I feel strange going there now, and feel like she doesn't look at me the same way anymore.
Kay: Good for you treating yourself to something really nice- especially wine. I love wine; it is a pleasure!

Your tatoo definitely is eye appealing. In some ways, the clerk must be jealous to a varying degree and not brave enough herself to get one. Just for her to recognize it/remembering you with it is a big deal. Most clerks don't remember customers at all. She remembered you by the design of the tatoo- connecting you (the person) with the tatoo (the image).

If you feel self-concious about going in that store don't. You hold your head up high, smile and think "I have a beautiful tatoo and was brave enough to get it done"! Keep that in the back of your mind. You are brave, courageous and kind. Run with it!!!

Hugs

Coffeegirl
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-22-2010), Dmom3005 (09-22-2010), OhKay (09-24-2010), waves (09-25-2010)