View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 05:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Tara,

That is exactly what I was saying.. thank you for understanding!

I have had depression, anxiety, and panic attacks in the past... but that was, as I said, circumstantial and was 10 years ago. It is no longer an issue and all the records that were sent to my pain management doctor from my family doctor do not include a diagnosis of anxiety--so I just don't understand where he got it from and why he would put something so final in there without knowing for sure if it was true. It is one thing to say that someone seemed anxious during the appointment, but to state that they have an anxiety problem (ongoing) and panic attacks is not okay--it is a lie.

I do plan to talk to him and ask why he wrote that and if it can be removed, or at least if he can state in the records that it is not true at this point. We'll see what he says--he may not go for it, but if so, I may change doctors. He is an awesome doctor and it seems like such a trivial thing to get upset over in the scheme of things if he is providing great care--but I don't want doctors who add things to my file that are not true. So, I want to see if it was a mistake or not.

I was not at all saying that it is bad or wrong to have anxiety--I think it is "normal" for most people to struggle with those things when dealing with chronic medical problems. I just, for some reason, have been blessed not to--and I don't want to be incorrectly diagnosed because it will affect certain things in the future. That's all.

The whole thing with the psych eval makes a LOT more sense now... of course he would think I have an anxiety issue--my doctor's records that were sent to this guy stated I did and was having panic attacks! Grr... I haven't had a panic attack since high school.. 8-10 (closer to 10) years ago.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-23-2010), tchr012 (09-23-2010)