View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 05:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks Sarah

Thank you Sarah Mae,

The information you provided and the dialog between Janke was very helpful. My son is not able to work at this time so we see ourselves in a similar situation. Can I ask if there was anything your Mom needed to do to qualify her home as your care giver's home?

Best

-------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Mae View Post
That's exactly what I am doing--telling the truth.

I was advised to say that I will be paying rent.. and I will be. There's no lie in that.

I haven't been able to pay rent because I have no income.. but my mom and I have already made an agreement that I would stay here for free, but as soon as I had a source of income, that I would pay rent and some of the bills. It's just me and her here, and my half would be about $300. While I won't get that much from SSI, I was told to suggest $200 as an amount, and asked my mom if it would be okay if I gave her the $200 a month and then paid one of the big bills. Our two biggest are the internet/cable bill and the electric bill. Both range from $100-150 a month. So I would be paying less than half of the mortgage, and half of the major bills (not including her personal bills, such as her cell phone and credit cards).

If I wasn't going to give her the rent, or if I wasn't going to pay for a bill, I wouldn't tell them that I would. I would never lie about all of this because I know you can get in a lot of trouble--and there is absolutely no reason to lie.

But I am just taking what was suggested by the lady I spoke with and using that as a guide as to how to split up the major bills (mortgage, electric, and internet/cable).
FriendshipUSA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote