View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 05:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It depends, really, on your confidence in your ability to accurately portray how much this affects your day to day life.

I filed 3 months ago.. and did it on my own (well, my mom helped me fill out the initial stuff about doctor's visits, but she just typed what I told her--I did the function report and everything else on my own) and was accepted yesterday, 3 months to the day.

I must have been able to convince them that because I am bedridden and in so much pain, that I am unable to hold down any kind of a job.

How confident are you that you can do the same? If you think you can, I'd try it on your own first--it will save you a LOT of money.

If you don't think you can do it, then save yourself the time and trouble and hire someone.

I was totally prepared for a denial and had a lawyer set up for the appeal process, but they called me yesterday and told me that I had been approved.

I've also heard (but can't confirm as I did not use a lawyer) that it is better to go with a local lawyer rather than a big company like Binder and Binder. I have just heard that, but it may not be accurate--I'm not positive.

Good luck--I hope that you can get it, if you truly need it. Take care.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote